Best Multivitamins For Men
Being healthy for men is not all about having big muscles. To be truly healthy, you must eat foods or at least supplement your body with the vitamins and nutrients it needs. For instance, our body cannot function without vitamin D for our skin or thiamine (B1) for our brain and nervous system.In this Article we will try to cover some Best Multivitamins For Men.
If you could reduce your risk of having a heart attack and wants a strong lung by eating fish and fiber-rich foods wouldn’t you?
The problem with diets of the Western world, with the United States being the biggest culprit, is that they are nutrient poor. Most of the processed foods we eat are stripped of vitamins and minerals when they are being made. What do I mean when I say processed foods? I mean any food that comes in a box or a wrapper is processed. For instance, in making bread from wheat the wheat is stripped of healthy fiber and bran germ when it is processed. That includes other things like deli meats, frozen French fries, chips, candies, cupcakes, soda and you get my point.
We have so much of this food because is very cheap to make and they have a longer shelf life. For companies they are trying to make a profit, that profit is at the cost of the health of millions of Americans.
We are at a point where it is more convenient and cheaper to get fast or junk food than to go to the supermarket to buy something wholesome.
Please keep that in mind going forward when your eating. Be aware that you must try just a little harder to make sure you are eating fruits, vegetables, lean proteins, healthy fats, and whole grains.
Common Health Concerns for Men
Here is a general quick list of some common health issues for men:
- Benign Prostate Hypertrophy (BPH)- According to the American Cancer Society, 1 out of 6 men will get prostate cancer in their lifetime. Good news is that most do not die from it however it is very preventable.
- Your prostate is a gland that runs around your urinary tract that secretes seminal fluids. As we age it can larger leading blockage of the urinary tract causing pain or trouble initiating urination.
- Along with age, obesity and diabetes are risk factors as well.
- Eating nutritious foods can also provide omega-3 fatty acids and enzyme CoQ12 that lower your risk for high blood pressure, another risk factor for BPH.
- Erectile Dysfunction (ED)
- About 40-70% of males between the ages of 40 to 70 are affected by ED according to the Cleveland Clinic. The cause of ED is a decrease in the blood flow going to the penis. A touch, a smell, or a thought turns on our parasympathetic nervous system which sends blood to the penis.
- If blood flow is interrupted by high blood pressure or diabetes then it will be more difficult to get a full erection. Besides not smoking, eating a proper diet with exercise can greatly reduce your risk of getting ED.
- Men are more likely to get diabetes type 2 if they are obese, have a family history, live a sedentary lifestyle, or of African American or Hispanic descent. According to the American Diabetes Association, complications of diabetes develop after about 10-20 years of high blood sugars. They include eye, heart,and neurological complications.
- Eating nutritious to prevent diabetes is a must for our aging population. Eating healthy will also provide many neurological friendly vitamins like folate (B9) and thiamine (B1).
- Heart Disease
- Heart disease is also a complication of diabetes I mentioned beforehand. The high sugars damage the blood vessels (especially the blood vessels that provide blood to the heart) and cause our heart to work so hard to the point of failure.
- According to the American Heart Association, men are almost twice as likely by age 50 to suffer some kind of the cardiac event compared to women.
- Other risk factors for heart disease include diabetes, aging, smoking, sedentary lifestyle, being a male, and high cholesterol.
What Vitamins do Men Need?
All men need the following vitamins below in their diet as directed to provide the following functions for their bodies.
Pay attention to the labels of your multivitamin to make sure you are getting a full serving of each.
Vitamin A (Retinoic Acid) helps in eye health.
Vitamin B-1 (Thiamine) helps with neurological function and immune system.
Vitamin B-3 (Niacin) aids in proper digestion and cell metabolism
Vitamin B-6 (Pyridoxine) aids in neurological function by making various neurotransmitters such as epinephrine. It also helps in the making of red blood cells.
Vitamin B-12 aids in the formation of red blood cells helps maintain the nervous system, and aids metabolism.
Vitamin C (Ascorbic Acid) is an antioxidant. It helps make collagen which is important for our skin, bone, and teeth. Without it, you can scurvy like the pirates of the Pre-Industrial Era.
Vitamin D helps absorb calcium from our food. It also helps with energy and overall mood.
Vitamin E is also an antioxidant. It is thought to have a role in maintaining brain function and treating Alzheimer’s Disease.
Vitamin K helps in blood clotting.
Iron helps make our red blood cells and absorb vitamin C.
Vitamin B-9 (folic acid) also helps make red blood cells. It also helps in making the DNA inside our cells.
Zinc is important for hair, nail, and skin health as well as digestion health.
15 Best Multivitamins for Men
Optimum Nutrition Men’s Multivitamin
This is one of the best vitamin supplements because it has almost all of the vitamins and minerals needed in a daily serving including vitamins C and D, minerals like zinc and free amino acids for muscle recovery.
One bottle will last just about two months and it is reasonably priced at under $25 dollars on Amazon. The only critique is that you have to take 3 pills with meals to get the benefits.
Men’s One a Day Health Formula
One A Day is one of the larger brands of multivitamins, one of the benefits is that it is very cheap compared most others on this list at under $15 dollars for a 200 tablet bottle lasting over 6 months.
This blend is made to support healthy heart health, blood pressure, and boost physical energy for men as they age.
Men’s One Daily Element’s Multivitamin
This vitamin brand by Amazon is unique in that it has a botanical blend of anti-inflammatories like ginger root and other plant phenols.
One bottle will only last just over a month as you take 2 per day. It costs $20 dollars a bottle but there are coupons to get it at 20% off.
365 Everyday Value Men’s Multivitamin
This is Wholefood’s brand of men’s multivitamins. For $20 dollars a bottle will last for 6 months taking one a day.
This blend is unique with extra probiotics to promote healthy digestive health.
Vita fusion Men’s Gummy Multivitamin
This is the best-tasting vitamin on the list. One bottle lasts for 4 months taking 2 per day. It is reasonably priced at under $20 while giving all day servings of 20 vitamins and minerals.
GNC Mega Men Sport
GNC has many vitamin blends for men including 50+ and energy supplementation. I like the sport because it has an amino acid mix for muscle health which is important for younger men who are active and of older men to preserve muscle health.
It is costly as a 2 pack will cost $75 but will last for about a year. The pills are smaller and easier to swallow than most other brands.
Smarty Pants Master’s Complete Men 50+ Gummies
Smarty Pants has enzyme CoQ10 that has found to help in memory and overall brain health. This enzyme and anti-oxidant that plays a role in preventing atherosclerosis or disease of the blood vessels that has been thoroughly researched.
It has high potency B12 for energy ] and healthy fats like omega-3 and EPA.
This is priced at $25 a bottle but it will only last you one month.
Solimo Men’s One a Day Vitamin
There is no flash or gimmicks with this Amazon brand. One bottle for less than $18 will get you a year of your basic nutritional needs. This is the most cost-effective brand on the list.
Naturelo One Daily Multivitamin
This formula contains added digestive probiotics and enzymes. It is an organic multivitamin for those who care about the vegan/vegetarian lifestyle as there is no soy, egg or dairy.
One bottle will run you $40 dollars and last you four months.
Nature’s Way Alive Multivitamin
This is more of a basic vitamins with a good price at $12 a bottle that will last you for 2 months. What is unique is that this blend has 4 antioxidants including beta carotene, vitamins C and E, and selenium which all promote cellular health.
NOW ADAM Men’s Daily
This vitamin is one of the more affordable options costing $12 for a 90 day supply. It also has the benefit of plant sterols and enzyme CoQ10 for blood vessel and brain health.
The capsules are made of a soft gel so they are much easier to swallow.
Centrum Multivitamin with Mineral Support
For less than $18 for an 8 month supply, you will get a multivitamin with added vitamin D for bone health and energy. Centrum has many blends but I recommend this one for older men.
Nature Made Multi-Him Tablets
This is the cheapest option as one bottle is less than $10 dollars and lasts for 90 days.
This one does not have added iron which would be a concern for anyone looking for it. However, it makes up for this with a powerful blend of antioxidants in this multivitamin.
Garden of Life Multivitamin for Men
This vitamin is made from organic foods. It is reflected in the price as one bottle is around $20 dollars only lasting for a month. There are over 15 vitamins and minerals to give you 100% of your daily nutritional serving.
This is a popular choice among vegans and vegetarians.
Mega Food One Men’s Daily
This vitamin will run you just over $20 for a 90 day supply. This is a solid choice for men over the age of forty as it contains added antioxidants for heart health.
This vitamin is easy on the stomach unlike many other multivitamins and can be taken on an empty stomach.
There are many Best Multivitamins For Men is the Market however from my view I have tried to found the most effective Multivitamins For Men by looking at there reviews, chemical and some other source, hope it will help you. I am not prescribing any particular Multivitamins this is just a common review and my personal opinion.
Bio: Christian Bramwell, MD uses his own weight loss story as teaching for people struggling with their own weight through blogging, teaching, and writing. His mission in life is to promote health and education, that is why he has chosen to be a family physician and found his own nonprofit Project RAK based on education and empowerment.