Are you looking for juicers that will get you the most juices of your greens? Well, The best juicers that we consider for green are the ones that can cold-press juice out of a handful of kale leaves. If you think that juicing greens is an easy-peasy task like carrots or apples, I would feel sorry to burst your bubbles as green leaves are quite different from the juice. The leafy green is some of those hardest vegetables to juice as they are incredibly soft and are likely to clog juicers very easily. But how do you know which Juicer will give you the best glass of juice? Today, I will review five juicers that can not only handle greens and green juices but also give a hassle-free juicing experience.
Last update on 2021-06-12 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
What is green juice?
Table of Contents
- 0.1 What is green juice?
- 0.2 Which greens are better for juicing?
- 0.3 Do you need a juicer for green vegetables?
- 0.4 Juicer or Blender, which one is better for green juice?
- 1 Types of juicers that are best for extracting most juices from leafy green vegetables
- 1.1 Masticating Juicers
- 1.2 Centrifugal Juicers
- 1.3 Manual Juicers
- 1.4 BEST 5 JUICERS IN THE MARKET
- 1.4.1 Omega Juicers NC900HDC
- 1.4.2 AICOK AMR521 Leafy Green Juicer – Best Overall.
- 1.4.3 Omega J8006HDS Nutrition Center Quiet Dual-Stage slow Speed Masticating Juicer.
- 1.4.4 Tribest GSE- 5050 – Greenstar Elite Cold Press Complete Masticating Juicer.
- 1.4.5 Breville BJS600XL Fountain Crush Masticating Slow Juicer.
- 1.5 Why is a cold-pressed Juicer the best to extract juice from leafy greens?
- 1.6 What Greens Are Easiest To Juice?
- 1.7 How Fast Or Slow Can You Consume a Juice?
- 1.8 How much kale and spinach should you drink a day?
- 1.9 What is the best time to drink kale and spinach juice?
- 1.10 How long can you keep fresh kale and spinach juice?
- 1.11 How much kale do you need to juice?
- 1.12 Can kale and spinach be blended?
- 1.13 Can I drink green juice every day?
Fruit juices are always popular and the most chosen drinks for people. They tend to be sweet and refreshing. But in recent years, green vegetables have become a new popular ingredient for people who love juicing. Now you might be wondering, how can a juice made from kale or spinach possibly taste good? Well, I can tell you that by adding a few ingredients along with your spinach or kale, you would gulp down a whole glass of leafy green juice in a minute or two. But a question is yet to be answered, what is green juice? Green juice is made from green vegetables and fresh fruits combined, and a nutrient-packed drink is prepared. Well, real green juice is mainly based on green leafy as its core ingredient. Although not all the leafy greens can be juiced, some are better for juicing. Let’s get to know which greens are better for juicing.
Which greens are better for juicing?
Most greens on your vegetable pantries are great for juicing as they are packed with essential vitamins and minerals. However, spinach, kale, celery, collard greens, wheatgrass, and swiss chard are excellent for juicing. These Greens are very popular for their better taste and essential nutrition that they bring to any juice. Also, they are easy for juicing. There are certain leafy green vegetables such as cabbage and broccoli that are not considered much, as these vegetables tend to upset the stomach in many cases. Also, certain vegetables are known for their benefits, like looking for green vegetables that are good for hydrating- celery, cucumber, iceberg lettuce are best known as hydrating vegetables. Lemons, limes, and green apples are known as low-Glycemic fruits. These are in no shame if you feel like opting for some other popular greens, as you will get the same level of nutrition and benefit.
Do you need a juicer for green vegetables?
If you are drinking juices to get essential nutrients, then purchasing a juicer would benefit you. Also, Juicer is a life plus timer saver if you have a busy lifestyle and want to have healthy well-being. Buying a juicer will help you prepare your juices in less time and less-hassle and ensure that your juices are fully packed with nutrition.
Juicer or Blender, which one is better for green juice?
At first, it is essential to know how a juicer and Blender works. When you make a green leafy drink in both a juicer and a blender, there would be a real drastic difference in features, taste, and nutrition. When you put green leafy vegetables in the Blender, it produces a thick smoothie, but in Juicer, the fiber is separated from the juice, and you only get a thin cup of juice. And hence, you get two different things from two different products that give you two very different juice experiences. A smoothie from a blender will contain a massive amount of fiber, giving a thick pulpy consistency and, therefore, slowing down the digestion. But a juicer will give you an instant punch of nutrition by removing the fiber and leaving with a glass of juice itself. The Juicer helps you pack your juice with as many green vegetables as possible by removing the unnecessary fiber and enhancing it with rich taste and nutrition.
Types of juicers that are best for extracting most juices from leafy green vegetables
Masticating juicers or cold-press juicers are known for their preparation for making the best juicers. These juices have a rotating gear that helps crush fruits and vegetables when they pass through the chute. Then the pulp is slowly squeezed to separate from the juice, and at the end, the juice runs through a mesh, while on the other side, the pulp is moved into separate containers. These juicers come in either single or twin gear juicers and usually operate between 60 and 120 revolutions per minute (RPM). The masticating juicers are also called slow juicers as this Juicer takes quite a long time to process. The Juicer comes with a smaller chute. Therefore you need to pre-cut vegetables before putting them into the machine. Hence, it requires more preparation time. Apart from its slow speed, masticating juicers are widely known for their better performance of hard and soft materials such as green grapes. If you are wondering how the juice quality of these juicers, then the juice quality is higher as the juices are fresh, thick, and have very little foam to it. More importantly, the juice remains fresh for a day or two. The materials are squeezed slowly, and no heat energy is used to destroy the enzymes and antioxidants in the juice. These juicers are usually multifunctional. They come with more parts and also work as a grinder or food processor. The masticating juicers can be very expensive, but if you are a serious juicer, then investing in these juicers would be a profitable deal as you would treat yourself with tasty, refreshing cold fresh juices.
In centrifugal juicers, instead of using a rotating gear, the Juicer has a spinning blade that shreds the greens into smaller pieces, and then the pulp is moved through the pulp collector. These juicers work best for hard, thick fruits and veggies, but it does not work quite great for leafy green as the spinning blade will mildly tear the leaves apart instead of crushing them, and therefore there will hardly be any juice for how much materials you used. The centrifugal juicers typically come with large feeding chutes, which helps you feed them with bigger dense fruits and veggies like apple or carrot without even pre-cutting them, reducing the preparation time. These juicers work at a very high speed, resulting in destroying most of the vegetables’ nutrition, and hence it is a major disadvantage to serious juicers. They are also easier to maintain and clean up. Also, in terms of pricing, centrifugal juicers are much more affordable than slow/ masticating juicers.
While masticating and centrifugal juicers catch most of our attention, the manual juicers can’t be overlooked as an option for juicing green materials. There are two types of manual juicers, citrus Juicer for wheatgrass juicers. Although citrus juicers like their names are only good for juicing citrus, Wheatgrass juicers are capable of juicing varieties of green vegetables and several other hard ingredients. The wheatgrass juicer is usually operated by a rotating gear to rotate manually to crush the material and extract the juices. As it is operated manually, so you can maintain most of the greens nutrition as the least heat build-up happens. If you are new to juicing and a tight budget, then a manual juicer is a great starter juicer that will help you with your juicing needs.
BEST 5 JUICERS IN THE MARKET
After learning about green vegetables that are suited for juicing, types of juicers, and their functions, now it’s time to know which juicers are most trending in the market. Below I have listed down the five best juicers that are ideal for your household and fulfilling your juicy needs.
Omega Juicers NC900HDC
If you are looking for the best Juicer for greens, the single-gear Masticating Juicer, i.e., Omega NC900HDC Juicer, is designed for leafy greens. At first, visually, the juicer machine looks deadly gorgeous as it has a slim design and a sleek chrome finish. The Juicer comes with a bigger feeding chute, which claims to reduce 20% prepping time. Although being a masticating juicer, it is nowhere helping in time-saving, but the bigger feeding chute is an appreciated idea. Now, let’s talk about its actual job. The Juicer indeed works like a pro. The Juicer does not discriminate on the materials from juicing hard roots like ginger, cucumber materials like wheatgrass, spinach, and kale.
The rotating gear used in the NC900 juicer is more durable hence does a better job at crushing materials finely to extract a higher amount of juices. The feature that makes Omega NC900HDC Juicer more standout from other Juicers as it comes in 5 different settings for ingredients of different density. For example, setting 1-3 is perfect for soft material like limes and lemons, and settings five are made for hard materials like carrots, apples, etc. Many users claim that in setting 5, this Juicer makes the most juice out of thin leaves; the pulp that is extracted from the juice comes out as dry as a dust. The juices prepared in this Juicer also have a rich thickness and a vibrant color– you would automatically know that the glass of your juice contains every single drop of nutrients from the vegetables you used. The Omega NC900HDC also helps you make nut butter to add some fat to your healthy drink. The Juicer can also make you some sorbets too. You do not need to buy a separate machine for that. The juicers’ versatility does not end here; the machine also comes with six nozzles to make pasta. The clean up of this NC900 juicer is easy peasy. You have to put every removable part into warm soapy water after using them. And then, it would take less than 5 minutes to wash all those parts. The parts are made of plastic, so they dry naturally, and you don’t need to wipe them to dry, and there is no risk of getting rusted. In terms of noise, the NC900HDC is a quiet machine; amazingly, it stays solid while operating. Since its qualities are immense and so the machine holds a higher spectrum of price. But as it can be used in so many ways, the investment made in pushing the Omega NC900HDC juicer would appear to be a beneficial deal.
*Easier to clean up and maintain.
*High juice yield.
*15 years of warranty.
* Quiet while operating.
*Parts are made of plastic.
*Comes with five settings for hard and soft veggies.
AICOK AMR521 Leafy Green Juicer – Best Overall.
The AICOK AMR521 is best known as a budget juicer; it has slow grinding with 80rpm and generates less heat and friction. AICOK AMR521 has a motor of 150 watts, and it comes with a seven-segment spiral system with the least oxidation and maximum juice extraction. This Juicer won’t give you the same juice yield as omega, but it is not a burden by any means. The Juicer has a function to separate the juice, which allows to extract the nutrients from the material and leave less pulp. Due to the slow speed of the motor, the AICOK AMR521 is not much noisy. The noise level runs at less than 60 decibels, and so you can easily use the Juicer without waking up everyone in the house. The Juicer is easier to clean, and all the internal parts are made of BPA-free plastic and are dishwasher safe. It is also a lightweight model. The Juicer comes with a full two-year warranty. But the only downfall of this Juicer is it is easier to disassemble but quite tricky to reassemble. Overall, the AMR521 Juicer comes at an affordable price range, quiet on operating, and easier to maintain, and with that feature, this Juicer is the best choice for a budget juicer.
*Affordable price range
*two years warranty
*BPA free plastic and dishwasher safe
*Easy to clean and maintain
*Quiet on operating
*No replacement parts
*Requires a lot of time to reassemble
Omega J8006HDS Nutrition Center Quiet Dual-Stage slow Speed Masticating Juicer.
Well, This particular Juicer is known as the Veteran in the cold press juicing world. The J8006 is not a new member of the market. It has been on the market longer than the NC900. Although the old model does not possess all the nice features like the new model, it surely has lots of good reviews in its pouch. The Omega J8006 is one dead-dropping masticating Juicer. Its powerful motor produces a high amount of juice in a small amount of time. It operates at a low speed of 80 RPM, and so it generates very few amounts of heat and prevents oxidizing the juice. The Juicer also has a built-in pulp-ejection feature that continuously allows you to juice without pausing to remove the pulp. It is one of the most appreciating features as you use many green leafy vegetables in your juice. As the pulp that comes out of a J8006 juicer is incredibly dry and so makes you worry less about wasting any precious vitamins or other nutrients, giving you rich, thick fine juices. one of the best features of this Juicer is, it is multifunctional and versatile. The J8006 comes with a food processor attachment that helps you to chop and mince. Also, it has a pasta nozzle for you to make the perfect homemade spaghetti. You can easily grind coffee powder and nuts on J8006. This masticating juicer machine is one of the easiest to assemble, disassemble, and clean up. The only downfall of this Juicer happens to be that its chute is fairly small. And so a big carrot won’t be able to pass through the tube and is also prone to get clogged if the machine is stuffed with big batches of fruit at once. And so you need to chop down larger pieces before pushing them down through the chute. The Omega J8006 has a “reverse” function on it. If the clogging ever happens, the “reverse” setting will let the rotating gear or auger spin in the opposite direction setting free the clogged fruit and veggies. However, the Juicer is higher in price, but it is worth a deal with its versatility.
*Low speed 80 RPM
* high juice production with less waste.
* GE Ultem Auger or rotating gear.
* Automatic pulp-in ejection.
*Easier to disassemble, assemble and clean up.
* has 15 years of warranty.
*comes with multifunctional tools.
*the chute is not large
*parts of the Juicer are not dishwasher safe,
Tribest GSE- 5050 – Greenstar Elite Cold Press Complete Masticating Juicer.
The Tribest GSE-5050 is a well made masticating juicer that has an excellent 12-year warranty. It operates at 110 RPM and has a powerful motor of 200 Watt. The grinder is designed to act like human teeth. It is also known as (the Ultimate green chewing device) as it has tough, sharp, easily handle stainless gears that tackle hard fruits and vegetables and the tough stringer veggies like celery and kale. The machine comes with four different screens for different consistency, i.e., lots of pulp, or you will get hardly any in your juice. The Juicer has a pressure adjustment mechanism for handling different types of hard or soft foods also, and it controls pulp ejections. This powerful machine can also extend its function like you can attach nozzles and make homemade pasta; also, you can make nut butter. The only downfall of this Juicer is the cleaning process is lengthy, and the machine is nearly around 20 pounds, and transporting this machine should be burdensome for some users. This juicer model offers a warranty of 12 years.
*Pressure adjustment mechanism
*Pulp ejection control.
* Multifunctional and versatile.
* 12-year warranty.
Breville BJS600XL Fountain Crush Masticating Slow Juicer.
The Juicer that has made it to our list is the Breville BJS600XL Fountain Crush juicer. It operates 80 RPM and has a powered motor of 240 watts; therefore, the low speed generates less heat and prevents oxidizing the juice. The Juicer is designed for harder and tougher veggies like carrots, wheatgrass, kale, and spinach. This Juicer operates quietly. The BJS600XL offers direction control, and so you can easily discard fruits and vegetables from the juicing screw. This Juicer also has a safe-start function to ensure that all the parts are safely locked in place before use. If, by any chance, the Juicer is overloaded, then the overload protection system will turn off the machine. Many users reviewed this Juicer to be the best for juicing green leafy veggies as this has a high juice yield, and the machine is designed to let more of the fiber into the juice and making it a rich, thicker, and more nutritious drink. Well, this brand promises a one-year limited warranty on Juicer’s parts and a ten-year warranty on the motor. The downfalls of this Juicer are it’s expensive, and the cleaning process is lengthy. Overall the Juicer is best for juicing greens if you have no budget barrier.
*Quiet on operating
* ten-year motor warranty.
*Safe start system.
*Overload protection system.
*Lengthy cleaning process
*Soft produce only.
Factors to consider when choosing the Juicer for Green vegetables:
If you have finally decided to live a healthier lifestyle, then the first thing you would need is a Juicer that would serve you juices in an instant. But before buying a Juicer, what are the factors that you need to consider while choosing a Juicer for green vegetables. Check out the list below.
- Juice quality- if you are looking for a Juicer to make green juices that will also maintain their taste and texture. Look for juicers that take most juices out of the pulp. As juicers that leave in fiber from the greens can ruin your juice’s smoothness, it makes the juice uneasy for digestion. And so while picking a Juicer, make sure to value the juice quality. The ideal Juicers tend to extract most juices out of the pulp.
- Juice yield- greens are expensive veggies in the market, and spending a hundred dollars on greens only to yield half a cup of juice is not worth a deal. While choosing a Juicer, look for those that give you higher juice yield and lessen food waste. Always keep in mind, the higher the juice yield, the more money is saved in the long run.
- Design and construction- nowadays, with the advancement of technologies, several upgrades are opted for by brands, and one of the upgrades is to have well designed and constructed juicers. These juicers look sleek and stylish and are constructed in a way that makes the assembling/disassembling easier. When considering this factor, it would surely not save your money, but it would save your time and energy while cleaning in between juices.
- Motor power- well, Juicer’s first need is to have juices that ensure a rich amount of nutrition in it. And so you want a Juicer that rotates slowly enough to maintain the nutrition—also, a Juicer with a motor, strong enough to thoroughly crush all the harder and tougher veggies. And can extract juices out of it. Opt for juicers that have a high powered motor and slow (RPM) as this will provide you with the most amount of juices along with a rich amount of nutrition.
- Speed- when it comes to juicing green, always consider having low-speed juicers. Due to the auger’s low rotation speed, less heat is produced, which prevents oxidizing the juice and hence retains most of the nutrients from the green veggies. Choose the masticating juicers that have RPM between 60 and 120.
- Size and weight- before buying a Juicer, you need to set up a fixed place for your Juicer. If your Juicer is too big, it might not even fit your countertop. And so, check the size of your chosen Juicer to know if it fits your counter or not. On the other hand, you would want a Juicer that is heavy enough so that while operating, the Juicer stays in place.
- Ease of use– Juicers are invented to make our daily juicing life easier and have a quick source of nutrition in an instant. Before purchasing your Juicer, go through customer reviews on Amazon and also do more research about the Juicer you chose to ensure that your Juicer is easier to function or not. Always keep in mind, the fewer the parts, the easier an appliance is to operate.
- Chute size- Usually, nobody wants to give an extra prepping time early in the morning to prepare juices, but if your juice has a smaller chute size, you will have to pre-cut your veggies in smaller sizes to fit them on the Juicer. And so look for a Juicer that has a wider chute size ( around three or more inches). It will reduce your prep time. But in a rush, don’t tempt to push down fruits and vegetables through the chute and overload it as it would clog your Juicer.
- Noise level- you wouldn’t want to wake up your whole house early in the morning while preparing your Juices, and so you have to look for juicers that do not make much noise while operating. Choose the ones that will operate at a low enough RPM and be less noisy while your juice is making progress.
- Accessories- in this advanced technology era, everybody loves to have appliances that have versatility. Choose juicers that come with additional accessories or attachments that would expand your juicing game into the next level. Nowadays, juicers in the market come with attachments like a grinder, food processor, pasta maker nozzles, and many more. And so, these attachments would allow you to make more than just green juices with your Juicer.
- Best use for- juicers are supposedly built to crush down leafy green vegetables. But you would also want a Juicer capable of churning down hard fruits like apple or carrot, apart from green leaves to spice up your juicing games.
- Warranty- last but not the least factor that you need to consider is your Juicer warranty. Who does not love gadgets or appliances with a good warranty? When it comes to machinery, a good warranty is something you should look for before buying your Juicer as it would ensure to cover any damages that might happen from your juicing adventures. Many Juicer brands offer a good duration of warranty. Opt for them and save your money in the long run.
Why is a cold-pressed Juicer the best to extract juice from leafy greens?
Ans. Cold-pressed juicers are known best to extract juices from leafy greens because these juicers generate low levels of heat while making the juice. And due to less heat generated, the juices don’t oxidize and hence, last longer. Also, nutrition is not destroyed. These juicers have gained popularity, not because of their maximum nutrition preservation but also because of the more extended time the juice remains fresh. Many masticating juicers claim to make juices capable of lasting almost up to 72 hours and therefore reduces the wastage of juices.
What Greens Are Easiest To Juice?
Ans. 1. Kale.
- Collard greens
- Swiss chard
- Mustard greens.
Well, there are many more. You would find some fun recipes online that would give your regular green juice a new delicious, unique twist on your taste bud.
How Fast Or Slow Can You Consume a Juice?
Ans. Well, this depends on you. If you are in a hurry in the early morning, you would want to gulp down the glass of green juice in an instant. But it is wise if you slowly sip it as this will allow your body to get used to the strong amount of nutrition in the green juice and prevent you from feeling nauseous. And so, don’t let your body get turned off from the green taste and allow it to fall in love with the freshness of green juice.
How much kale and spinach should you drink a day?
Ans. Kale and spinach are considered superfoods. And so it is essential not to consume them in excessive amounts. There are no official instructions in the recommendation of how much one should intake kale and spinach on a daily dose. But a single cup of spinach juice has more than 100% of the vitamin A required in daily intake. Now you might be wondering how much kale juice should you intake! Note down that the daily dose of kale juice intake recommended by the officials is a single glass (eight ounces). If more than that is taken, it might cause stomach upset, bloating, and loose stools. And drinking kale juice for the long term can lead to kidney ailments, irregular heartbeat, and other health issues.
What is the best time to drink kale and spinach juice?
Ans. Well, there is no wrong time in drinking energetic green juices. However, mornings are considered to be best suited for drinking green juice. If you start your day with a glass of green juice, you will get an instant jumpstart for the day. Well, there are no many rules in drinking green juice, but as advised by officials, you should drink green juices, i.e., kale and spinach juice, as early as possible. You can also drink it at lunch but taking a green juice at dinner might cause you bloating, and so you should avoid drinking green juice at night.
How long can you keep fresh kale and spinach juice?
Ans. It is always best if you drink fresh juice. It is not only for kale and spinach juice but also with other fruits and vegetable juices too. And if you use a masticating juicer and preserve your kale and spinach juice in an airtight bottle, it can surely stay fresh up to 72 hours. However, oxidation will cause some disruption of nutrients in the juice over time. And so if you prefer having full nutrition of the juice, try drinking it as soon as you prepare it with your Juicer.
How much kale do you need to juice?
Ans. The quantity of kale will depend on your recipe. If you opt for pure kale juice, you need to use a couple of bunches of the plant. But if your kale juice requires other ingredients, then a single bunch of kale would be enough. It would be best if you follow the recipe.
Can kale and spinach be blended?
Ans. You can surely use a blender to prepare spinach and kale juice. But, the nutrient quantity in the juice depends on device speed. When kale and spinach are blended in a high device, the speed will release heat, and due to oxidation, some nutrients from the leafy greens will get lost. I would suggest that using a masticating juicer is best in blending kale and spinach juices. These juicers use up to 100 RPM, which ensures the high nutrient level in the juice.
Can I drink green juice every day?
Ans. Yes, green juices can be intake every day. Moreover, it is an excellent method of intaking a daily dose of vitamins and other nutrients for your body. And so, you can drink green juices regularly. Just keep in mind not to exceed the daily dosages.
There is no debate that green juice is best for any diet as the juice adds a massive amount of nutrition quickly to your body in less time with less hassle. While most juicers are capable of serving you with a cup of juice, the ones we reviewed are some of the best juicers that can consider making leafy green vegetables. If the budget is not on your mind and you surely want to spend on the best available Juicer, Omega NC900HDC is the best for you. It has less speed, and high motor power, makes less noise, and has an extended warranty and multifunctional attachments. If you are looking for a Juicer that is easier to function and a little more affordable then, AICOK AMR520 will be an excellent option. However, it is also my personal favorite as it has an extended warranty, easier function, and also versatile. It makes juices from kale, spinach, and other greens and gives you an attractive option to make homemade pasta or nut butter by using the same Juicer. Lastly, no matter which of these juicers you choose, you will surely benefit as these options make you’re juicing easier and add a real boost of nutrition to your drink.