A cup of coffee is the universal symbol of energy.
Just like roses are the symbol of love and gold the symbol for wealth. The world loves coffee, like a lot a lot!!!
Coffee has exploded from its discovery in the mountains of Ethiopia in Eastern Africa in the 15th century to Africa to Asia to Europe to the Americas today.
A funny story is that in America, coffee became so popular to oppose the British. The Brits were big into tea so being the young rebels of the day, we chose coffee as our national beverage to make them angry #teamcoffee.
According to the National Coffee Association, coffee is the 2nd most traded commodity in the world only behind oil.
Why do people love coffee so much?
Easy, it makes mornings possible J and keeps us going through our days. I cannot tell you how many times I was going to say F@%$ it with my day until I had a good cup of coffee to set me straight. It has also made many workouts possible after draining workdays.
Also, there are more benefits of coffee than we originally thought, a few of the health benefits of coffee according to Healthline include:
- Increased energy and mood
- Small fat burning effect by boosting metabolism
- Better physical performance
For the best cup of coffee, organic is the way to go and maybe your cup of tea (pun intended).
Organic coffee does have a better taste than your typical Folgers. It has more unique flavors while having a better aroma.
My personal favorite is the local Blue Mountain coffee of the island of my ancestors, Jamaica. When I ever I go to the island, I always make a run of this coffee before I leave.
If you do not have a favorite or are wanting to try out organic coffee, I have made the list of the top brands of organic coffee.
To make the list there is a requirement for all coffees on the list.
All coffees must be 100% certified organic as well as Fairtrade (Fairtrade organizations are engaged actively in supporting producers and sustainable environmental farming practices. Fairtrade practices prohibit child or forced labor while seeking greater equity in international trade).
Now let us get to the good stuff!
The Top Brands of Best Organic Coffee
1. Kicking Horse Coffee Smart Ass Medium Roast- TOP PICK
- Beans: Arabica
- Roast: Medium
- Origin: Blend (South America, Central America, Africa)
- This is the best thing to come out of Canada! Even better than maple syrup, hockey, and Drake! (maybe not hockey lol, those are fighting words in Canada).
- Kicking Horse Coffee beans are roasted in the Canadian Rocky Mountain range almost 3,000 feet above sea level.
- You can taste the unique flavor in each of their brands and there is a flavor for everyone.
- My favorite brand is the Smart Ass ( like yours truly haha). This is a medium coffee blended with cherry and hints of chocolate that makes it a very mellow and enjoyable drink.
- This is literally the smoothest coffee I have ever had.
- Do not let my personal taste stop you though. If you like a bolder flavor, go for the Kick-Ass. If you want a little more caffeine I recommend the 454 Horsepower.
- Even the pickiest coffee drinker will find a flavor that they love, trust me!
2. Lifeboost Organic Coffee Medium Organic Roast- BEST MEDIUM ROAST
- Beans: Arabica
- Roast: Medium
- Origin: Nicaragua
- Coming from the highlands of Nicaragua comes probably the most popular brand of organic coffee out there. It has been featured in People, Time, and the Food Network.
- This brand founded by Dr. Charles Livingston prides itself on being organically made, well priced, and most importantly sustainable for the environment. Nicaragua is known for its natural pristine beauty and rich soil helps give these beans a rich brew with hints of caramel.
- The secret? Love J
- Okay not just love but by growing the coffee beans in the shade in its natural environment, allows for a better taste compared to other brands who may use pesticides or genetically modified ingredients (GMO’s).
- Not to mention that the beans are hand washed and prepared by hands of Nicaraguan farmers in the clear streams and rivers of Mt. Kilambe (who are more than fairly compensated thanks to Fairtrade).
- If you love a rich mellow blend, the medium roast is the bomb! It is perfect to start your morning or for an afternoon pick up.
3. Deathwish Coffee Co. - STRONGEST COFFEE
- Beans: Arabica & Robusta
- Roast: Dark
- Origin: Blended ( South & Central America)
- With a name like Death Wish Coffee Co., it is hard to believe this is a popular brand. Not only is one of the most popular brands of organic coffee, but it is also THE STRONGEST organic coffee on the market!
- This coffee is not so much a “pick me up” but rather a body slam from Stone Cold Steve Austin or the Rock into caffeine world. Just read some of these reviews and try not to die laughing!
- This coffee is not for the casual coffee drinker or those with a weak stomach, it will get you going faster than Usain Bolt in the 100m dash.
- However, if you love coffee and want to take things to the next level, this is the brand to get!
- Sourced from South and Central Americas, these beans have a bold (but not bitter) taste with aromas of cherry and chocolate. Yes, it is also a Fairtrade coffee as well as 100% USDA certified organic. Their unique roasting process brings out even more flavor from the beans.
- This brand is available in both grounds and K-cups as well.
4. Don Pablo Subtle Earth Organic Coffee Medium-Dark Roast- BEST DARK ROAST
- Beans: Arabica
- Roast: Medium-Dark Roast
- Origin: Honduras (Central America)
- This coffee comes from the mountains of Honduras in Central America in the Marcala region. Just like Nicaragua, you will be pressed to find chemicals or artificial pesticides here! The company prides itself on having a great relationship with the locals to produce the greatest coffee.
- No sir and no ma'am! Instead you are going to get some of the freshest Arabica coffee that is 100% certified organic as well as Fairtrade. There is a deep, rich chocolate flavor that is very smooth but not overpowering.
- It has hints of honey and caramel to add layers to the flavor of the Arabica beans. The final thing that distances this coffee from most competitors is the roasting process.
- Instead of dumping all the beans in at once, the coffee beans are roasted in multiple small batches to caramelize it to perfection!
Dr. CHRISTIAN-JEVON BRAMWELL MD
Christian Bramwell, MD uses his own weight loss story as teaching for people struggling with their own weight through blogging, teaching, and writing. His mission in life is to promote health and education, that is why he has chosen to be a family physician and found his own nonprofit Project RAK based on education and empowerment.
NPI (Doctor proof number) - 1336632918 NPI Number: